Course of Training
The course shall be known as “GENERAL NURSING & MIDWIFERY COURSE” and will be in accordance with the syllabus and regulations laid down by the Indian Nursing Council and West Bengal Nursing Council. The language of instruction is ENGLISH.
The duration of the Course will be of Three years.
- 1.Female candidates can apply. Married candidates also can apply.
- 2.Age limit shall be 17+ to 27 years.
- 3.Candidates should have completed 10+2 (class XII) / Higher Secondary / ISC or equivalent with minimum of 40 %.
- 4.Candidate should be resident of West Bengal uninterruptedly for at least 5 years preceding the date of applying for admission to the School.
- 1.Students must be residential and shall abide to the Rules and Regulations of the Mission of Mercy School of Nursing Residence.
- 2.There is no service obligation after the completion of the training.
Application form and prospectus can be obtained from the Principal’s office at the Mission of Mercy School of Nursing.
Method of Selection and Admission
- 1.Eligible students desirous of seeding admission to the School of Nursing shall apply to the Principal, Mission of Mercy School of Nursing, 2 Nimak Mahal Road (Annexe to Marine Club), Kolkata - 700 043.
- 2.Eligible candidates must appear for a WRITTEN TEST.
- 3.Selected candidates will appear for an INTERVIEW before the Selection Board.
- 4.Selected candidates need to undergo medical fitness check.
- 5.During the training, in case of any illness requiring medical / surgical intervention, parents’ presence is essential.
Students are required to be in their prescribed uniforms.
- All students shall abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Mission of Mercy School of Nursing.
- Decisions of the School administration shall be final on all matters.
Mission of Mercy School of Nursing
125/1, Park Street, Kolkata – 700 017
Phone: 033-6635 2000 / 033 6635 2040